Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Have a Problem with Robinson Cano

I think he is a remarkably good second baseman and hitter. But he does something I have observed a couple of times that bothers me. Just a moment ago, he hit into an inning ending double play in the first inning. He hit the ball, then looked at it for a second, then headed to first, getting thrown out by a hair. Had he just lit out for first base, perhaps he could have beaten the throw and the inning would have continued. Its not the first time I have observed him doing that. He hits the ball, watches it for a bit, then starts running. Its not a good habit.

Anyone else observed that?

Update: I hope it won't matter, but Romero came back to strike out the side in the second inning. The break seemed to help him regain his bearing. We should have blown his doors off in the first inning. Cano's lack of hustle hindered that.

No comments:

Post a Comment